Thursday, February 5, 2009

I really need to start writing again.

The most writing that I do these days is either in the form of e-mails or text messages. These are two things I really do not enjoy whatsoever. I completely understand their usefulness, and I myself am often found in positions where they are my preferred mode of communication. However, it seems that a lot of people have become afraid of actually making phone calls. There are so many times in my life that a 30 second phone conversation would resolve things that 10 texts or 5 e-mails might finally achieve.

Anyway, here I am writing. I need to start again, as you can tell by my last paragraph, I am no longer good at painting a lush lyrical landscape. I've fallen into the mode of mumbling through my basic ideas, without any sort of details, reasoning, or things of interest and insight to give to people. I think this is the third blog I have started over the last 2 or 3 years, so I probably will not keep good practice. We'll see where this goes now. Perhaps, I can step up past the ranks of a blithering idiot.

I'm trying to get into more good habits as of late though. I've been exercising every other day for the last 2 weeks, and I've also been pretty good about not eating fast food or drinking carbonated things for the last month. No, I'm not trying to loose weight or anything like that. I'm just sort of shooting to feel better as a whole. I've noticed that my sleep schedule has improved greatly since I started my regiment of sit-ups and stair-laps. The diet changes have mostly come about from a rather innocuous telephone conversation I had with a new acquaintance (read: girl I should probably not be hitting on). She managed to remind me of a time in my life where I didn't eat fast food or drink sodas. I had gone a good two years where I abhorred and avoided these things completely. However, at that instant, I was not even considering stopping for a second time. Neither one of us were. We were just kind of throwing around colloquialisms regarding "bad things" that we and everyone does, but has no intention on changing. I talked about how much I loved Rally's and she professed that she was a "Wendy's cheeseburger type of girl." No resolutions or claims of regret were made. Somehow though, stuck with me when I woke up in the morning. I had gone from someone who detested and spoke out about the fast food industry as a whole, and would drink nothing but water and iced tea, to a guy that was eating at Wendy's twice a week, and drinking 2 or 3 Cherry Cokes every day. It was all sort of a matter of convenience. My feeling about these things had not really changed, I had just given up for no reason. Somehow, my scope of what was important shifted over the course of the last 4 years. Maybe some of you that know me, can understand why that would be. I'll save that to be discussed later though. For now, things like avoiding fast food and VAULT, still aren't important to me, but I'm just not going to indulge in them, because I want to have that to hang over people's heads. I've come to grips with the fact that sometimes you just do things to make yourself feel better than the rest of the herd. Regardless of whatever other justification you might dream up, your actions and habits can be dictated by an urge for superiority. Yes, it's true, I am embracing the idea of being a self-righteous asshole over any other excuse.

Speaking of self-righteous assholes, my new hero in life is Rod Blagojevich. This man will soon have his picture printed next to the word AUDACITY in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. I missed out on this, but a bunch of my friends saw him the day after he was impeached. He was out jogging through Chicago on his usual route. He passed by a restaurant they were eating at and waved to everyone inside. Mr. Blagojevich was sent on his way with cheers and applause. There is a man that truly does not care or worry about what other people are saying or believe about him. He should seriously be an inspiration to us all.

God Bless You Senator Blagojevich.

No comments:

Post a Comment